Monday, March 16, 2009

Guardian report on posing for a portrait session

VAB's portrait sessions were one of the first "Behind the Scenes" columns, by Brampton Guardian arts reporter Ashley Goodfellow. A sample quote from the article "Portrait of an arts reporter":

I'll admit it was a tremendous feeling to be at the pinnacle of all of this; my appreciation for portraiture was greatly enriched by my exposure to this group. I was able to experience first-hand the way artists work- and they were able to reveal interpretations of me I may never have seen...or considered...before.

Although I mostly sat still for the better part of four hours, it was extremely exciting. And, the results were beyond impressive.

According to the online version of the article, there's actually a video feature on the portrait bunch, upcoming.